Jones could pinch hit against Twins
Jones was a late scratch from Saturday's game when the injury flared up about an hour before the first pitch. Braves manager Bobby Cox said Jones might be available to pinch-hit on Sunday.
The 38-year-old third baseman is hitting just .228 this season with three home runs and 22 RBIs. He missed five games last week because of inflammation in his right ring finger.
Cox said Jones' status is day to day.
Brooks Conrad, who drove in the go-ahead run with a squeeze bunt in the ninth inning during Saturday's 3-2 victory, will replace Jones at third and bat second.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Atlanta Braves Big Time Grey T-Shirt