Utley doesn't blame slump on sore knee
Lopes told Baseball Prospectus that Utley "has been hampered by a little bit of a knee injury." Utley says he feels normal "aches and pains" in various body parts but emphasizes that he has no injuries. He admits having occasional pain in his right knee but says it isn't bad enough to keep him out of the lineup.
The four-time All-Star second baseman is slumping badly. He entered Philadelphia's game against Minnesota on Friday with a .257 average, 10 homers and 26 RBIs.
Utley played through a hip injury in 2008 and eventually had surgery after the Phillies won the World Series.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Feldman to start Astros' opener vs. Yankees
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Hank the dog arrives to Milwaukee welcome
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Philadelphia Phillies Chase Utley #26 Red T-Shirt