Astros' Quintero gets seven stitches
Quintero was taken to a hospital for X-rays, but team officials said he was not showing any signs of a concussion.
Quintero fell to the ground in the fourth inning and remained down for several minutes while trainers attended to him. He appeared to be bleeding from a gash on the right side of his head. A trainer held gauze to his head as he finally sat up, got to his feet and was helped off the field. He was replaced by Kevin Cash.
Philadelphia catcher Carlos Ruiz sustained a similar injury Friday night when he was hit in the head with a broken bat against Minnesota. Ruiz doesn't have a concussion, the Phillies said. He might return Tuesday or Wednesday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- Astros prospect Springer: Headed to Houston
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Houston Astros Cross-Body Navy Sheen Purse