Twins' Hardy returns from 2nd DL stint
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Twins have activated shortstop J.J. Hardy from the disabled list. Manager Ron Gardenhire placed him in the starting lineup on Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays hitting ninth.
Hardy has not started a game since June 4 because of a wrist injury that has bothered him for most the season. He's already been on the DL twice this season because of the injury, which first happened in early May.
In his first season in Minnesota since being acquired in a trade with Milwaukee, Hardy is hitting .217 with three homers and 13 RBIs.
The Twins also placed infielder Matt Tolbert on the disabled list with a bruised middle finger on his right hand. The move is retroactive to July 1.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Baltimore Orioles J.J. Hardy #2 Cool Base Alternate Black Jersey w/ Patch