Harang sidelined by back spasms
Harang is out with lower back spasms. He was scratched from his start Monday night in New York and, after a chiropractor worked on him, the Reds decided to put him on the DL on Tuesday, retroactive to July 1.
Harang is 6-7 with a 5.02 ERA in 17 starts.
Maloney, who went 2-4 with Cincinnati last year, was recalled from Triple-A Louisville. He was 6-5 with a 3.50 ERA this season in the minors. He was set to start Tuesday night at Citi Field.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
- Napoli (finger) out, Pedroia back
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Cincinnati Reds Twig Red Adjustable Visor