Marlins' Coghlan to miss 3-4 starts
MIAMI -- Florida Marlins left fielder Chris Coghlan is expected to miss at least three starts with a strained lower left back, and manager Edwin Rodriguez said a stint on the disabled list is possible.
Coghlan was held out of the lineup Sunday against Washington. He was removed from Saturday's game after he aggravated the injury batting in the fifth inning, when he struck out.
Team trainers suspect Coghlan hurt his back making a diving catch Friday.
He missed three games in April when he injured his ribs making another diving catch. Last year's NL rookie of the year is batting .263 but has slumped lately, hitting .146 in July.
Emilio Bonifacio replaced Coghlan in left field and the leadoff spot Sunday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Miami Marlins Leader Black Quarter-Zip Pullover