Braves stay cautious with Jones' injury
Jones took batting practice before Tuesday night's game against the San Diego Padres, then met with manager Bobby Cox.
Jones says his hamstring "feels pretty good." He says Cox decided to "err on the side of caution."
Omar Infante is starting for Jones at third base against the Padres.
Jones was hurt while taking a swing in Friday night's game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Yankees' Nova leaves with injury, gets MRI
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Alvarez faces 1 over minimum, silences M's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Dan Uggla #26 Cool Base Alternate Navy Jersey w/ Hank Aaron 715th HR Patch