Morneau won't join team in Baltimore
Twins general manager Bill Smith says Morneau "continues to make progress, however, he is not yet ready to resume baseball activities." Morneau was placed on the disabled list late Thursday night. He has not played since getting injured on July 7 while sliding into second base in Toronto.
The Twins are playing it cautious with the All-Star slugger, who is hitting .345 with 18 homers this season.
The Twins also say reliever Clay Condrey will undergo platelet-rich plasma therapy on his right elbow next Tuesday. He was moved to the 60-day disabled list on Monday and is expected to be out at least three months.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman Minnesota Twins Quad Chair With Cooler