Tigers activate Brandon Inge
Inge batted seventh and went 3-for-4. His third single of the night drove in the Tigers' lone run in the eighth inning.
Inge was expected to miss up to six weeks after having his left hand broken by a pitch from the Texas Rangers' Scott Feldman on July 19, but ended up being sidelined for 15 days. Inge played Tuesday for Class-A West Michigan on a rehab assignment and hit a pair of doubles.
To make room for Inge, the Tigers placed rookie infielder Danny Worth on the disabled list with a bruised heel.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera #24 Cool Base Home White On-Field Jersey