Bud Selig statue to be unveiled
MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers plan to unveil a statue honoring baseball commissioner and former owner Bud Selig on Aug. 24.
Selig's likeness will join those of Henry Aaron and Robin Yount in front of Miller Park. Selig's foundation donated the first two statues at the stadium.
Selig's statue will be cast in bronze and measure more than seven feet tall. It was designed and produced by Brian Maughan, who also created the Yount and Aaron sculptures.
Selig returned Major League Baseball to his hometown of Milwaukee in 1970 when he founded the Milwaukee Brewers. He was owner and president of the Brewers before becoming commissioner in 1998.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Milwaukee Brewers Cross-Body Royal Sheen Purse