Reds' Homer Bailey will move to relief
The former first-round draft pick is on a rehabilitation assignment in the minors, working his way back from shoulder inflammation. He's been on the disabled list since May 24.
Bailey currently is pitching with Triple-A Louisville, where he has a 2.50 ERA in three starts. Pitching coach Bryan Price says his next appearance will be as a reliever. The Reds have plenty of starting pitchers, so they're trying to figure out if Bailey -- a starter throughout his career -- could help the bullpen.
Right-hander Aaron Harang threw a simulated game on Tuesday without problem and could start a rehab assignment over the weekend. He's been sidelined by back spasms since July 6.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Dodgers OF Crawford to skip Australia series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Cincinnati Reds Team Carpet Tiles