Ross Gload strains right groin
Gload, filling in for Ryan Howard, got hurt running out a double in the sixth inning against Los Angeles on Wednesday night. Looking to stretch his line drive to the right-field corner into a triple, Gload pulled up several feet before reaching second base, grabbed his leg and limped to the bag.
Gload walked off the field and was replaced by Mike Sweeney. He will be re-evaluated on Thursday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Philadelphia Phillies Cliff Lee #33 Home White Replica Jersey