Jason Berken to have MRI exam
Orioles manager Buck Showalter says the right-hander will have the test Monday.
Berken is 3-3 with a 3.03 ERA in 41 appearances after being converted from a starter to the bullpen this season. But he has allowed 13 earned runs in 17 1/3 innings over his last 14 outings.
Berken's shoulder recently has not responded to treatment. He said Sunday the evaluation is "a piece of mind type thing" so it can be determined what is going on.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Baltimore Orioles Chris Davis #19 Home White Jersey