Knee sidelines Nats' Josh Willingham
Nationals manager Jim Riggleman removed Willingham from Tuesday's lineup and said he's not likely to start Wednesday's game, either. Washington could make a move Thursday, when Nyjer Morgan is eligible to come off the DL.
Riggleman says it's "very possible" that Willingham will go on the DL. Washington then must decide whether Willingham will have surgery to fix a meniscus problem or hold off until after the season.
Willingham is hitting .268 with 16 homers and 56 RBIs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
- Mariners agree with Hart, deal for Morrison
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Washington Nationals Sweet Cheese Black Adjustable Hat