Jim Edmonds, Laynce Nix injured
SAN FRANCISCO -- Cincinnati center fielder Jim Edmonds left the Reds' series opener against the Giants in the top of the sixth inning with a strained right oblique muscle, and Laynce Nix also was forced out of the game with an ankle injury.
Nix sprained his left ankle while beating out an infield single in the third inning. Nix came around to score that inning on Scott Rolen's two-run triple. Nix was replaced in the bottom half of the inning by Chris Heisey.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
- 'Intrigued' Skeeters invite McGrady to camp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Cincinnati Reds Cuddyhook Mesh Flex Hat