Johnny Damon plays in 140th game
CLEVELAND -- Johnny Damon has played in his 140th game of the season, becoming one of only five major leaguers to do that for 15 years in a row.
Hank Aaron, Brooks Robinson and Pete Rose did it for 16 straight years and Willie Mays did it 15 times.
Damon's streak began in his second season with the Kansas City Royals in 1996. He played also played for the Oakland Athletics, Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees before joining the Tigers this year.
The game was the 2,271st of the 36-year-old outfielder's career, ranking 112th all-time and seventh among active players.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Detroit Tigers Division Orange/Navy Quarter-Zip Pullover