Manny Parra to get 2nd opinion on hip
MILWAUKEE -- Brewers pitcher Manny Parra is getting a second opinion on his injured left hip.
The team provided several injury updates Friday, noting that left-hander Doug Davis had an ulnar nerve transposition and surgery to repair his left elbow flexor tendon last Saturday.
The original diagnosis on Parra was a possible torn labrum. After the left-hander is examined again, the next step will be discussed.
Third baseman Casey McGehee had surgery on his right knee and is expected to be ready for spring training. Milwaukee infielder Mat Gamel also is expected to be ready for the spring after having surgery Sept. 30 to remove a bone in his left foot.
Right-hander LaTroy Hawkins, who underwent surgery in August, is attending physical therapy in Dallas and his prognosis is excellent, the club said.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Jays shut out Indians, Buehrle still unbeaten
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Milwaukee Brewers Ripley Navy/White Flex Hat