Tony La Russa appears in ballot ad
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa is going to bat for a Missouri ballot measure that would impose new rules on dog breeders.
La Russa appears in a new TV ad promoting Proposition B on Missouri's Nov. 2 statewide ballot. The spot identifies La Russa as a founder of a group called the Animal Rescue Foundation, not as the Cardinals manager.
Proposition B would limit residents to having no more than 50 breeding dogs. The dogs would have to be fed daily, get annual veterinary care and not be bred more than twice every 18 months.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's St. Louis Cardinals Red Traverse Fleece Jacket