Lee Elia, Dave Trembley join Braves
ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves have added former managers Lee Elia and Dave Trembley to their baseball operations staff.
The 73-year-old Elia has been in baseball more than 50 years, including stints as manager of the Chicago Cubs and Philadelphia Phillies in the 1980s. He will be a special assistant to Braves general manager Frank Wren, working as an instructor in the majors and minor leagues.
The 59-year-old Trembley was manager of the Baltimore Orioles from 2007 through this past June. The Braves hired him as their minor league field coordinator.
Atlanta also announced the hiring of longtime scout Bob Johnson as a special assistant to the GM, focusing on major league advance scouting.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Atlanta Braves Small Static Cling