Brad Ausmus will work with catchers
Ausmus, who retired after playing 21 games for the Dodgers this season, will work with catchers throughout the Padres' system.
Ausmus played parts of 18 major league seasons with the Padres, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers. He hit .251 with 80 home runs and 607 RBIs. Ausmus was a three-time Gold Glove Award winner and was an All-Star with the Tigers in 1999.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Diego Padres Full-Zip Navy Ice Jacket