Blue Jays acquire outfielder Rajai Davis
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Speedy outfielder Rajai Davis has been acquired by the Toronto Blue Jays from the Oakland Athletics for a pair of minor leaguers in the second trade of the general managers' meetings.
The 30-year-old Davis hit .284 this year with five homers, 52 RBIs and 50 stolen bases, down from a .305 average in 2009. In five major league seasons that included stints with the Pittsburgh Pirates and San Francisco Giants, he has a .281 average, 12 homers and 143 stolen bases.
Magnuson, 25, was 3-0 with a 2.58 ERA in 46 relief outings for Double-A New Hampshire. Farquhar, 23, was 4-3 with 17 saves and a 3.52 ERA for New Hampshire.
Toronto also said right-hander Shawn Hill cleared unconditional release waivers, becoming a free agent.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Mets' Niese cleared to throw, sources say
- Feldman to start Astros' opener vs. Yankees
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Oakland Athletics Green Traverse Fleece Jacket