Zack Greinke trade sparks ticket sales
Team officials say they've added more than 1,500 new season-ticket holders since Sunday's trade with the Kansas City Royals, more than tripling the 400 new account holders the team had added in the first few months of the offseason.
Rick Schlesinger, the Brewers' executive vice president of business operations, says response from fans has exceeded "even our most optimistic expectations." He says the trade also has helped the team's sponsorship and retail sales.
Starting pitching has been a soft spot for the Brewers in back-to-back disappointing seasons, but the addition of Greinke, the 2009 Cy Young Award winner, could make the team a contender.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck
- Tommy John stunned by surgery 'epidemic'
- Reds' Chapman faces hitters, is 'electrifying'
- Diamondbacks' Trumbo (foot) heads to DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Los Angeles Dodgers Zack Greinke #21 Home White Jersey