Brewers, Takashi Saito agree to deal
Saito was 2-3 with a 2.83 ERA in 56 appearances for the Atlanta Braves last season. He has a 17-13 career record with a 2.19 ERA in five major league seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston and Atlanta.
The 40-year-old native of Japan also has 84 career saves, including 81 with the Dodgers from 2006-08.
Saito, who is expected to fill the setup role for closer John Axford, joins a radically remade Brewers pitching staff.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Yanks batter Red Sox with bounce-back barrage
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
- Tommy John stunned by surgery 'epidemic'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Atlanta Braves Navy Raglan T-Shirt