Brewers, Takashi Saito agree to deal
Saito was 2-3 with a 2.83 ERA in 56 appearances for the Atlanta Braves last season. He has a 17-13 career record with a 2.19 ERA in five major league seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston and Atlanta.
The 40-year-old native of Japan also has 84 career saves, including 81 with the Dodgers from 2006-08.
Saito, who is expected to fill the setup role for closer John Axford, joins a radically remade Brewers pitching staff.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Atlanta Braves Navy/White Track Jacket