Brewers, Takashi Saito finish deal
The right-hander can earn an additional $1 million in performance bonuses based on games and $500,000 for days on the active roster.
The 40-year-old from Japan has 84 saves, including 81 with the Dodgers from 2006-08.
Saito is expected to become the setup man for closer John Axford.
He can earn $50,000 each for 15, 20, 25 and 30 games, $100,000 apiece for 35, 40 and 50, $150,000 for 50 and 55, and $200,000 for 60. He also can make $100,000 each for 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150 days on the active major league roster.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman Milwaukee Brewers Quad Chair With Cooler