Sources: Tigers close in on Brad Penny
Updated: January 10, 2011, 9:44 PM ETESPN.com news services
Penny is recovering from an upper back injury that limited him to just nine starts in 2009.
Penny was 3-4 with a 3.23 ERA after signing a one-year, $7.5 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals in the offseason.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Detroit Tigers Navy Ice Jacket