Memorial service set for Bob Feller
CLEVELAND -- Fans will have an opportunity to gather in celebration of the life of Cleveland Indians Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Feller, who died in December.
The Indians announced Wednesday that a public memorial service is planned for March 31 at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights.
The service will be led by the Rev. Conrad Selnick, the rector of St. Christopher's by the River Episcopal Church in Gates Mills. That's the Cleveland suburb where Feller lived.
Feller was 92 when he died Dec. 15 at a hospice following months of health setbacks.
He won 266 games in 18 seasons with the Indians, still a Cleveland team record.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Women's Cleveland Indians Navy 9Forty Essential Adjustable Hat