Pat White retires from baseball
The 26-year-old White signed a minor league contract with the Royals after being released by the Miami Dolphins last September. Kansas City then sent the outfielder to the Fall Instructional League.
The Royals said Wednesday that White did not report to spring training.
White was a star quarterback at West Virginia, a dual threat as a passer and runner. The Dolphins drafted him in the second round in 2009 and he played in 13 games.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Oft-injured Prior retires, eyes front-office job
- Sources: Tigers close to deal with OF Davis
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Kansas City Royals Great Play Royal Track Jacket