Pat White retires from baseball
The 26-year-old White signed a minor league contract with the Royals after being released by the Miami Dolphins last September. Kansas City then sent the outfielder to the Fall Instructional League.
The Royals said Wednesday that White did not report to spring training.
White was a star quarterback at West Virginia, a dual threat as a passer and runner. The Dolphins drafted him in the second round in 2009 and he played in 13 games.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Kansas City Royals Ice Royal Jacket