Mark Ellis sidelined with dizziness
Ellis had played in all five games for the Athletics so far this season, batting .211 with no home runs and four RBIs. Andy LaRoche replaced Ellis at second base.
A nine-year veteran who has spent his entire career with Oakland, Ellis started feeling discomfort during Thursday's 5-3 defeat. He was expected to be checked out by a Blue Jays team doctor.
Manager Bob Geren was unsure whether Ellis would be healthy enough to fly with the team to Minneapolis after Thursday afternoon's game. The Athletics open a three-game series against the Twins on Friday.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Oakland Athletics Applique Banner Flag