Bill Hall likely out several games
"We want that thing to be healed," manager Brad Mills said. "He hit the sign down there and kind of twisted it, and we want to make sure it's 100 percent."
Hall was injured when he slammed into the wall behind first base making a running catch of Willie Harris' foul pop in the second inning. Hall remained curled over the wall for a brief time and was attended to by an Astros trainer but stayed in the game until the fourth inning.
"Unfortunately, I hit some unmoveable objects -- a pole I stepped on and kinda jammed my foot down on the ground," he said. "As I had gone on, it started to get tighter."
He struck out in the third inning and played the field in the bottom half.
Matt Downs replaced him in the bottom of the fourth.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- IRS to auction money Mets owe Strawberry
- Pirates win negotiating rights to S. Korean SS
- Twins extend pitcher Hughes through 2019
- Romo, Giants finalize $15M, 2-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Houston Astros Cooperstown Fan V-neck Navy/orange Half-sleeve Shirt