Brian Bannister leaves Japanese team
The Giants said Tuesday that Bannister will not be returning to play for the Central League team after leaving the country on March 16.
The 30-year-old right-hander signed a one-year deal worth $1.8 million in January.
Bannister told Japanese baseball officials he has no plans to play in either Japan or the United States.
Bannister went 7-12 with a 6.34 ERA in 24 games for the Royals last season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
- Tommy John stunned by surgery 'epidemic'
- Sosa to 'clear it up,' sad to miss Cubs party
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic San Francisco Giants Pablo Sandoval #48 Cool Base Alternate Orange Jersey