Delmon Young goes on disabled list
Young has missed the past six games with that injury and a bout with the flu that has been circulating the clubhouse. He was scheduled to return to the lineup on Wednesday night but took himself out after warmups because he couldn't get loose on a chilly night at Target Field.
"We gave him every opportunity to get better and it didn't work out," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said.
The move is retroactive to April 19.
The flu spread to Carl Pavano, who was scheduled to start on Friday at Kansas City. The Twins pushed him back to Sunday.
The Twins called up Rene Tosoni from Triple-A Rochester to take Young's place.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Balfour's deal with O's could be in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Minnesota Twins 59Fifty Home Navy Authentic Hat