Kurt Suzuki back after birth of daughter
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland Athletics catcher Kurt Suzuki has been reinstated from the paternity leave list and he will be available for the opener of a four-game series with the AL West-leading Texas Rangers on Friday night.
Suzuki left Anaheim on Wednesday to return to the Bay Area, where his wife, Renee, gave birth to the couple's first child Thursday morning. The baby girl, Malia, weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces.
Suzuki is batting .243 with a home run and three RBIs this season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Cubs DFA Barney, activate Bonifacio off DL
- Indians recall Salazar to start against Twins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Oakland Athletics Green Cool Base Batting Practice Jersey