Kurt Suzuki back after birth of daughter
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland Athletics catcher Kurt Suzuki has been reinstated from the paternity leave list and he will be available for the opener of a four-game series with the AL West-leading Texas Rangers on Friday night.
Suzuki left Anaheim on Wednesday to return to the Bay Area, where his wife, Renee, gave birth to the couple's first child Thursday morning. The baby girl, Malia, weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces.
Suzuki is batting .243 with a home run and three RBIs this season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Oakland Athletics Full-Zip Black Discover Jacket