Brian Schneider suffers hamstring strain
Schneider left Wednesday's game at Florida when he strained his left hamstring running the bases, and he said he'll likely miss some playing time.
"It's not good," he said.
The Phillies are already without catcher Carlos Ruiz, who is on the disabled list with lower back inflammation.
Schneider was trying to score on a two-out single when he hurt his hamstring rounding third. He grabbed the back of his thigh in pain, stopped and limped back to the base.
Schneider, who is batting .173, said he would remain with the Phillies, who open a series Friday at Atlanta.
"I can't see me playing two days from now," he said. "That's the bad part of being a catcher."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Philadelphia Phillies Red French Terry Striker Quarter-Zip Pullover