Bruised knee sidelines Grady Sizemore
CLEVELAND -- Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore is not in Cleveland's starting lineup for the third straight game because of a bruised right knee.
Sizemore injured himself sliding into second base on Tuesday against the Tampa Bay Rays. He said Thursday that he still had pain and the Indians want to be extra careful with the three-time All-Star, who had season-ending knee surgery on his left knee last June.
Cleveland opens a three-game series with the Seattle Mariners on Friday.
Sizemore said his right knee pain was in a similar area to where his left knee hurt, but the injuries are not the same. He said he jammed his knee and bruised his kneecap sliding hard in the sixth inning. Sizemore played the rest of the game but said his knee hurt.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Caffeine free: Nats P tweets out comped java
- Braves, reliever Grilli agree to 2-year deal
- MLB average salary makes 12.78 percent jump
- Report: Braves, C Pierzynski agree to deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Women's Cleveland Indians 9forty Essential Navy Adjustable Hat