Fan to be moved to Bay Area hospital
LOS ANGELES -- Doctors say the San Francisco Giants fan who was severely beaten outside Dodger Stadium is stable enough to be moved to a hospital in the Bay Area where he'll be closer to his family.
Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center spokeswoman Rosa Saca says in a statement Friday that Bryan Stow remains in a coma in critical condition, but he'll be transferred to San Francisco General and Trauma Center as early as Monday morning.
On their website, the family expressed relief and happiness that Stow was coming home but also said it was "bittersweet" because they would be leaving all "the wonderful people" they had met in Los Angeles.
Stow was attacked in the stadium parking lot after the March 31 season opener. There have been no arrests.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica San Francisco Giants Tim Lincecum #55 Home Ivory Jersey