Police: Kyle Kendrick's ring recovered
The Skagit Valley Herald reports that Kendrick's ring, which he earned with the 2008 Phillies, was stolen when burglars broke into his unoccupied house in late March.
Police arrested five men shortly after the break-in, but the ring was gone.
But on Wednesday, Snohomish County deputies recovered the ring in a swamp near Bothell, Wash. Police were led there by a man "known to law enforcement." He was not arrested.
Kendrick is a native of Mount Vernon. He has pitched with the Phillies since 2007.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves suspend struggling Uggla for 1 game
- Wright to get shot to aid shoulder at break
- Reds' Simon among 4 pitchers added to ASG
- Grand record: batterymates slam for S.F.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Philadelphia Phillies 59Fifty Diamond Tech Red Batting Practice Hat