Police: Injured fan fell off rail at Coors
DENVER -- Police say a 27-year-old man critically injured in a fall at a Colorado Rockies game at Coors Field lost control while sliding down a railing.
Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said the man was hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday after falling about 20 feet onto concrete during the seventh inning of the opener of a doubleheader. The man's name hasn't been released.
Jackson told The Denver Post Wednesday that witnesses say the man was trying to slide down the staircase railing, lost his balance, fell and struck his head. The stairwell leads to the center field seats.
The Rockies have declined to give any details of the accident. The club released a statement saying "our thoughts and prayers are with the young man" and his family.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Colorado Rockies Aero-Strike Bat and Ball Set