M's to produce 'It Gets Better' spot
Mariners spokeswoman Rebecca Hale said Thursday that the organization is in the beginning stages of planning a spot for the "It Gets Better" project.
Seattle writer Dan Savage launched the project last year amid several highly publicized suicides by gay teens. It provides messages of hope to counter the despair of bullied or rejected teens.
Hale says there are no specifics for the Mariners' plans as of yet and production schedules are still being figured out. Last month, the Giants announced they would be the first known professional sports franchise to film a spot for the project.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Ryu, Dodgers 1st to have 3 11-game winners
- Jones' 2 homers power Orioles past Angels
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Women's Seattle Mariners Glitter Flip Flop