Matthew Suschak suspended 50 games
NEW YORK -- A minor league pitcher in the Atlanta Braves organization has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for an amphetamine.
Matthew Suschak of Class A Rome was penalized Wednesday for the drug violation. The commissioner's office announced the ban.
The 22-year-old right-hander is 2-0 with a 6.75 ERA in 12 relief appearances. This is his second pro season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Atlanta Braves Aero-Strike Bat and Ball Set