Delmon Young has bone bruise in ankle
Young underwent an MRI on Monday to determine the extent of his ankle injury after he collided with the left-field wall in Milwaukee on Saturday and had to be carted off the field.
He was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with what was classified as an ankle sprain.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire says Young isn't expected to miss more than the required 15 days.
Young is hitting .256 this season with two homers and 20 RBIs in 55 games.
Minnesota hosted the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Early brawl mars Brewers' win in 14 innings
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Red Sox notch walk-off victory on O's error
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Los Angeles Dodgers Applique Banner Flag