Manny showers as Dodgers fall apart
Manny Ramirez wasn't sweating the end of Game 4 of the NLCS. In fact he was squeaky clean.
"When I came out, they were turning the TVs off and everybody was coming in," Ramirez said, according to the Web site.
While some might wonder why a star wouldn't watch his team try to close out a one-run NLCS game, Dodgers manager Joe Torre had no problem with Ramirez.
"Manny has so much confidence," Torre said, according to the Web site. "When we get a lead late in the game, and I've taken him out, whether it be for defense or we have a big lead, when we go up to shake hands after the game, he's in his street clothes.
"So, it's really nothing different than he's done before. I don't think it's disrespect or anything. He wasn't going anywhere until the game was over, and we can't put him back in the game."
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Braun's go-ahead HR caps 2-homer day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Practice Royal T-Shirt