Manny showers as Dodgers fall apart
Manny Ramirez wasn't sweating the end of Game 4 of the NLCS. In fact he was squeaky clean.
"When I came out, they were turning the TVs off and everybody was coming in," Ramirez said, according to the Web site.
While some might wonder why a star wouldn't watch his team try to close out a one-run NLCS game, Dodgers manager Joe Torre had no problem with Ramirez.
"Manny has so much confidence," Torre said, according to the Web site. "When we get a lead late in the game, and I've taken him out, whether it be for defense or we have a big lead, when we go up to shake hands after the game, he's in his street clothes.
"So, it's really nothing different than he's done before. I don't think it's disrespect or anything. He wasn't going anywhere until the game was over, and we can't put him back in the game."
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers' Iglesias says he has stress fractures
- Braves' Medlen, Beachy see Dr. Andrews
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Mets' Niese cleared to throw, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Full-Zip Royal Ice Jacket