Myers added to Phillies' Series roster
Myers was on the roster for the National League Division Series, then was dropped in the NLCS because the Phillies felt he needed more time to recover from a strained lat muscle near his pitching shoulder.
Cairo went 0-for-5 in the first two rounds of the postseason. This move means that Eric Bruntlett will serve as the Phillies' primary utility man. Bruntlett scored the winning run in two of the Phillies' four World Series victories last year.
Jayson Stark is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers, Choo to ink 7-year deal
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Philadelphia Phillies Cliff Lee Royal T-Shirt