Newspaper apologizes for incorrect ad
PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia newspaper has apologized to readers for mistakenly running an ad congratulating the Philadelphia Phillies on winning back-to-back World Series titles.
The New York Yankees held a commanding 3-1 lead in the championship as of Monday, the day the ad was printed in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The three-quarter-page Macy's ad is on the back of the front section and features a T-shirt with the Phillies logo, the commissioner's trophy and the phrase "Back To Back World Series Champions."
The Inquirer released a message to readers saying the paper deeply regrets the error.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez hit on hand, to miss game
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Philadelphia Phillies Cole Hamels #35 Home White Jersey