Braves' Tommy Hanson fouls ball off eye
DIVISION SERIES: BRAVES VS. GIANTS
Complete coverage of the Braves-Giants matchup. More
The Braves said initial reports from the clubhouse were that he was fine and still scheduled to make his start Friday night against the San Francisco Giants in the best-of-five NL division series.
The Braves said Hanson was taken to the training room and was scheduled to be further examined by a doctor sometime Thursday night as a precaution.
Hanson went 10-11 with a 3.33 ERA this season as he got little run support from his teammates. He is the first Atlanta pitcher to have an ERA under 3.50 and make 30 starts and still have a losing record.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Atlanta Braves Black Bergen Adjustable Hat