Gerry Davis, Derryl Cousins lead crews
NEW YORK -- Gerry Davis and Derryl Cousins have been named umpire crew chiefs for the two league championship series.
Major League Baseball said Thursday that Davis will head the crew for the ALCS between the New York Yankees and Texas Rangers. It will be the 21st postseason series of his career and eighth LCS. Brian Gorman, Angel Hernandez, Fieldin Culbreth, Jim Reynolds and Tony Randazzo round out his crew.
Cousins will be working his 15th postseason assignment and seventh championship series. On his crew for the NLCS between the Philadelphia Phillies and San Francisco Giants are Tom Hallion, Wally Bell, Ted Barrett, Jeff Nelson and Dan Iassogna.
Randazzo, Reynolds and Iassogna will each be working in the championship series for the first time. They have each have done three division series.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's New York Yankees Phil Hughes #65 Home White Replica Jersey