- Ex-Cardinal struck, told 'go back to Ferguson'
- Prosecutors say a white St. Louis-area man was driven by racism when he allegedly punched former Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford.
- LHP Aiken, 2014's top pick, gets Tommy John
- Pitching prospect Brady Aiken, the first overall pick in last year's draft who failed to reach an agreement with the Houston Astros, underwent Tommy John surgery on his left elbow.
- Reds obtain Dan Johnson in trade with Astros
- The Reds acquired first baseman Dan Johnson from the Astros on Thursday for a player to be named or cash, one of two trades involving minor leaguers. They also sent infielder Devin Lohman to the Phillies for a player to be named or cash.
- Veteran catcher Buck announces retirement
- Former All-Star catcher John Buck, who played for seven teams over 11 major-league seasons, announced his retirement Thursday, the Atlanta Braves announced.
- Astros affiliate cancels 2017 ring promotion
- A Houston Astros affiliate's "Back to the Future" promotion quickly has taken a seat in the past.