- Padres land IF Jackson in deal with Astros
- The San Diego Padres have acquired infielder Ryan Jackson from the Houston Astros in exchange for infielder-outfielder Jesus Guzman.
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- While the New York Yankees set another salary record, the Houston Astros had the lowest average in the major leagues in 14 years and the attention of the players' union.
- Astros, Albers complete $2.45M, 1-year deal
- The Astros have finalized a $2.45 million, one-year contract with right-handed reliever Matt Albers.
- Yankees hit with $28M luxury tax bill for '13
- The New York Yankees were hit with a $28 million luxury tax bill, pushing their total past the $250 million mark since the penalty began in 2003.
- RHP Axford agrees to contract with Indians
- The Indians and right-handed reliever John Axford have reached an agreement on a contract, pending a physical.
- 2B Ellis signs one-year deal with Cardinals
- Veteran free-agent second baseman Mark Ellis signed with the St. Louis Cardinals on a one-year contract, the team announced Monday.
- Stark: Offseason winners and losers
- Jayson Stark picks the winners and losers of the offseason to date, considering the winter meetings couldn't match the activity from the previous week.