Youthful rosters could spell bright futures for Rockies, D-backs
PHOENIX -- I'm watching baby-faced 26-year-old Jeff Francis pitch for Colorado in Game 1 of the National League Championship Series, and he's looking like some sort of grizzled Curt Schilling as he and 24-year-old Arizona choirboy Stephen Drew go head-to-head with two outs and two on in the fifth inning of Thursday night's 5-1 Colorado win (their 18th in 19 games), and I'm wondering: Are there analogues for these clubs, the Rockies and Diamondbacks of 2007 ... so good, so young, so brashly stomping on center stage in the postseason?
Eric Neel writes for Page 2 on ESPN.com.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Colorado Rockies Purple Retro Super Stripe Adjustable Hat