Failed opportunities and a hot Rockies team doomed D-backs
DENVER -- When it came time to actually win a ballgame, what happened to the Diamondbacks was what had befallen them all series: poor timing at the plate and an inability to overcome a ridiculously hot Rockies team.
You can't win in the postseason without clutch hits and we didn't do that by any stretch of the imagination.
--Diamondbacks third baseman Mark Reynolds
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pujols goes yard twice to join 500 HR club
- Ellsbury helps Yankees romp in Fenway return
- Fernandez strikes out 14, wins pitchers' duel
- Athletics reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Youth Colorado Rockies Mascot Flip Flops