Rays full of PTPers in '08
Editor's Note: ESPN college basketball analyst Dick Vitale, a recent inductee into the Basketball Hall of Fame, lives in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area and attends an average of 40 Rays games a year at Tropicana Field.
I have been a Tampa Bay Rays season-ticket holder since day one. After 10 straight losing seasons, it was great to attend games that meant something. It was incredible to see moments when the crowd was fired up and the team played for a postseason berth, and then a division title.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FROM DEVIL TO RAYS
After 10 years of futility, the Rays closed out a remarkable regular season, finishing in first in the AL East and reaching the postseason for the first time. Jim Caple
• Watch: Caple tours Tampa Bay's Tropicana Field
• Name That Ray: Try our interactive trivia quiz
• Keith Law: Rays scouting report
• Research: Rays' memorable wins of 2008
• Dick Vitale: Being an original Rays fan
• Rays' wins don't guarantee off-field success
- Little Earth Tampa Bay Rays Navy Sheen Tote