Game 2 ratings lowest since Tigers-Cardinals opener in '06
PHILADELPHIA -- Game 2 of the World Series was a thud on television.
The Tampa Bays Rays' 4-2 victory Thursday night received an 8.1 fast national rating and 13 share on Fox, the network said Friday. That is the second-lowest rating for a Series game, ahead of only the 8.0 for the St. Louis Cardinals' 7-2 win over the Detroit Tigers in the 2006 opener.
Still, Fox said it was pleased.
"Game 2 came through to give Fox its best Thursday night rating in seven months, and that comes off Game 1 earning us our best Wednesday night in more than five months," Fox Sports president Ed Goren said. "Now, with the series tied at a game apiece, we're looking forward to interest building as the games continue and the drama unfolds."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Philadelphia Phillies Leader Royal Quarter-Zip Pullover